The homo polar generator, also called the Faraday disk, is a low-voltage, high-current electric generator. It consists of a rotating conducting disk with one stationary brush (a sliding electrical contact) at its axle and another at a point on its circumference, as shown in Figure P31.24. A magnetic field is applied perpendicular to the plane of the disk. Assume the field is 0.900 T, the angular speed is 3 200 rev/min, and the radius of the disk is 0.400 m. Find the emf generated between the brushes. When superconducting coils are used to produce a large magnetic field, a homo polar generator can have a power output of several megawatts. Such a generator is useful, for example, in purifying metals by electrolysis. If a voltage is applied to the output terminals of the generator, it runs in reverse as a homo polar motor capable of providing great torque, useful in ship propulsion.
1) You can buy this solution for 0,5$.
2) The solution will be in 8 hours.
3) If you want the solution will be free for all following visitors.
4) The link for payment paypal.me/0,5usd
5) After payment, please report the number of the task to the email@example.com
New search. (Also 5349 free access solutions)
Use search in keywords. (words through a space in any order)